Leanne Smele – Female
I am now a Medicine management technician for Care Homes employed by the BSW CCG. I am currently completing the MOCH pathway with CPPE. I have a special interest in the launch of T-Cams across BaNES (development of a smoother system for hospital discharges into Carehomes) also involved in the roll out/support of POD (care homes only) for Surgeries signed up across BaNES.
Previous Pharmacy Experience:
- Boots healthcare assistant for over the counter medicine
- Boots dispenser to Pharmacy technician to accuracy checking technician
- Boots care home services – dispensing/accuracy checking MDS racks and dosette boxes, ordering medication prescriptions for care homes, order stock for care homes, action urgent antibiotics requests, arrange delivery drivers for care home deliveries and returns.
- Royal United hospital Rotational technician throughout outpatient patient hospital pharmacy/Aseptics (making chemotherapy for clinics)/dispensing and accuracy checking in the inpatient dispensary
- Royal United hospital Medicine management technician on Medical Assessment Unit – Medicine histories, Medicine Reconciliation, assessing patients own medication, managing discharge medication, recognising adherence, waste audit, pharmoutcomes transfer of information to community pharmacies.
Karolina Ziniewicz – Female
Originally I come from the Tri-City on the Baltic Sea Coast (Poland ) and I qualified from the Medical University of Bialystok in 2020 (MPharm). I have spent the last 12 years working as community and secure environment pharmacist in Bristol area and, in 2019, I qualified as an Independent Prescriber from the University of the West of England.
I have an interest in diabetes and all aspects of lifestyle medicine.
I am a registered Pharmacist Prescriber with a background of working in the community pharmacy, CCG, as a care home pharmacist, urgent care pharmacist and most recently as a practice pharmacist. I enjoy sharing my knowledge and experience with others and am passionate about my profession and the way it is developing, especially in GP practices.
My areas of interest include polypharmacy, de-prescribing, pain management and the care of the elderly.
I’m the new Pharmacy Technician for the Keynsham PCN working Tues, weds and Thursday. I’ve previously worked for Lloyds Pharmacy as a pharmacy manager obtaining my healthcare assistant, dispenser NVQ 2, Pharmacy Technician NVQ3, and then finally accredited Checking Technician. I have over 28 years of community pharmacy experience to help me in my new role.