Flu Vaccination Appointments Update
It is more important than ever to have your flu vaccine this year to protect you, your family, and your community from the flu.
Please be assured that we are now contacting all patients who are eligible via telephone and text to arrange an appointment.
You will notice some changes to how we deliver the flu vaccine this year. This is to ensure the safety of our staff and patients during Covid-19.
- To allow for distancing our vaccination sessions will take place in the both in the reception area of the practice and in a one off event at Keynsham Scout HQ in Keynsham on Sunday 18th October 2020. Please check the location of your appointment.
- Staff will be wearing PPE.
- Staff will be following the latest infection control measures.
Please could you help us by;
- Wearing a t-shirt (under a coat if it is cold/raining) so we can easily access your arm.
- Come alone where possible.
- Ensure you are wearing a face-covering or mask (unless exempt).
- Arrive on time for your appointment (not early).
- The queuing system will be marked out to allow you to socially distance, please adhere to this.
- Go to the toilet before you leave home.
If you or anyone in your household has a temperature, new cough or loss of taste/smell please do not attend your appointment. Please follow the current Government guidance for self-isolation.
Please note: Patients aged over 50 that do not usually receive the flu vaccine, but will be eligible this year under the new Covid-19 guidance will be contacted by the surgery when the vaccines that are being provided directly by the Government are available.