It is now more important than ever to have your flu vaccine this year to protect you, your family, and your community from the flu.
We have made changes to our flu vaccination clinics this year.
This is to ensure safety for you and our staff during the Covid-19 pandemic.
How do I make my appointment?
We will contact you. There is no need to call us.
If you are eligible you will be contacted directly, via telephone or text with a date and time.
Am I eligible for a flu vaccination?*
- High risk groups (previously shielding) such as, pregnant women, and those with certain medical conditions. If you are high risk your appointment will be prioritised.
- 65 years old or over
- Pre-school eligible children
- Later in the year, the flu vaccine may be offered to all those aged 50 to 64, who are not usually eligible. Clinics will be advertised when further stock becomes available.
When and where will the flu clinics be held?
- Keynsham Scout HQ on Sunday 18th October 2020
- Saltford Community Hall on Friday 23rd October 2020
- Saltford Community Hall on Friday 30th October 2020
- High Risk (previously shielding) and children at St Augustine’s Keynsham OR in your residential home or care home
On the day of your appointment:
If you or anyone in your household has a temperature, new cough or loss of taste / smell please do not attend your appointment. Please follow the current Government guidance for self-isolation.
- Arrive on time for your appointment
- Wear a face mask (unless exempt)
- Wear a t-shirt (under a coat if it is cold/raining) so we can easily access your arm
- Come alone where possible
- Go to the toilet before you leave home
*For more information on Flu please visit the Flu vaccine page on the NHS website.
Why am I being asked to wait for my flu vaccine?
View the leaflet from the NHS – Why am I being asked to wait for my flu vaccine?